Sunday, February 13, 2011

Like watching a monkey trying to play bagpipes....

....that's what I look like trying to do yoga. K is always on my case to exercise more, as if the 5-7 miles I walk every day isn't enough. Ride a bicycle? No thanks. Having that sadistic wedge-shaped seat shoved up my a__ isn't my idea of fun. Running? Years ago I ran 3 miles a day, 4 days a week. Now I don't think my knees could take such high-impact stress. Weights? Reps bore me to tears after 5 minutes. Treadmill? HELLO....I walk 5+ miles a day!

Yoga? Hmmmm....that might just work. K does yoga every morning and she can twist herself up into shapes you wouldn't believe. (She is so limber....which could be an X-rated entry topic all by itself!) As I'm definitely not limber, this just might work.

Yesterday I tried out my Yoga for Dummies DVD that I bought on Amazon. I like it! Sure, I'm very sore today, but that will pass as I press on. But the twisting really feels good. The funny part is how I look trying to stand on one leg while I tuck my other foot up into my crotch and reach over my head. I look like a freak show attraction. Or try to stand facing north while my left foot faces south, without bending my knees. Hahaha! Fat chance!

Oh well, I'm gonna keep after it because I feel so great after a good stretch. And the instructor is kinda hot. :)

S

No comments:

Post a Comment