Friday, January 21, 2011

Vacation, day 2

This vacation thing is all right! I'd almost forgotten what it was like. All I have on my to-do list is take Emma Belle to the groomer and do our weekly grocery shopping (I volunteered) so K and I will have more time for fun stuff this weekend. Later maybe some coffee and reading and people watching.

Have you seen the YouTube clip of the lady in Reading, PA who was texting as she walked through a mall and fell head-over-heels into a fountain? It's hilarious! Now she's threatening to sue the mall because one of their security guards put the surveillance video on YouTube, causing her "mental anguish". Well boo hoo. After she went on national TV with her lawyer she was recognized and has been outed as a serial shoplifter (4 convictions). Now she says she just wants the whole episode to go away. I'll bet she does!

I also saw in the news that South Korean special forces took back one of their freighters that had been hijacked by Somali pirates. All the crew are safe, the pirates are dead. Which begs the question: Why don't we leave North Korea to South Korea, and let Israel handle Iran? For our part we can throw a big victory parade for both, complete with flag-waving little kids and a F-15 flyover. *Why didn't one of our over-paid bureaucrats in Washington think of this?*

S

No comments:

Post a Comment