Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Interesting observation

Well, it's interesting to me at least....

In my previous position I had to be at work very early, so I awakened...er...awoke...er...got up around 5 am, took the dog out for her dootie call, then got myself showered and dressed and off to work. Now that I'm back building custom homes, the same sequence of events starts around 6 am.

By 5:30 am+/- the few cars on the road are either, a: 10 year old wrecks usually hitting on less than their original number of cylinders, or b: the biggest, fanciest luxo-barges made. I'm guessing the former are the minimum wage workers going to work to mop the floors, stock the shelves, etc, before business opens for the day, and the latter are the workaholic top executives getting an early start on out-foxing the competition.

By 6:30 am+/- all the worker bees begin to clog the roads in their Honda's, Toyota's....what I'll call "middle class" cars.

I've found this to be a consistent pattern. Is it like this in your area?

S

No comments:

Post a Comment